Table of Contents
- Information We Collect About You
- How GoodMorning Uses Your Information
- How GoodMorning Shares Your Personal Information
- Your Choices and Rights
- Third-Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
- Security of Your Information
- Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice and Practices
- Notice to Quebec Residents
- Contacting Us
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It includes such things as your name, address, date of birth, gender, financial information, as well as your opinions, preferences, and purchase patterns. We will also treat additional information, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers, as “personal information” where required by applicable law.
1. Information We Collect About You
We collect certain types of personal information in the following circumstances:
- Registering an account. Some of our Products give you the option of creating a user account. If you decide to create an account, you will provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, user name, and password. You are not required to register to use our Products.
- Purchasing a GoodMorning Product. When you make a purchase, you are given the option of creating an account while checking out. Whether you exercise this option or not, when you purchase a GoodMorning product, you will provide us with personal information, such as your name, email address, payment information, and shipping address.
- Making a payment. When you make a payment to GoodMorning, you may need to provide personal information to one or more of our third-party payment processors. Such information may include sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number.
- Submitting information to us. We collect information you submit to us. For example, when you post a review of a GoodMorning product on a GoodMorning website, or refer a friend to GoodMorning via a GoodMorning Product, we receive the information in your submission, including any personal information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of GoodMorning.com, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Communicating with us. We may also collect personal information from you when you communicate with us. For example, you may send us personal information by writing an email to us, calling our customer service department, chatting with our customer service department, or subscribing to one of our newsletters.
- Taking a survey. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in optional online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Information you provide about a third party. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about GoodMorning, we may collect your friend’s personal information, such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to purchase a GoodMorning product. We store your friend’s information in order to send this one-time email and to track the success of our referral program.
- Passive collection. Our Products and applications collect and store information that is generated automatically as you use them, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, cookie identifier, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our websites and applications (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer our Products. Information that we passively collect may be combined with other information about you, including personal information such as when you are logged into your GoodMorning account.
- Information provided by third parties. GoodMorning may collect information about you from third parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third parties. We also collect information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. How GoodMorning Uses Your Information
Except as provided below, we do not share or disclose your personal information. We never monetize your information. We use your information to continue developing the Products and to optimize your experience with relevant offers and promotions, with your consent where required by applicable law. We use personal information in the following ways:
Internal and service-related usage. We use and retain information, including personal information, to improve and facilitate our Products, including:
- to analyze interactions with and performance of our Products;
- to debug and identify errors that impair functionality;
- to detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- for research related to technological development and demonstration;
- to improve or enhance our Products.
We may use personal information to help us deliver targeted advertising including to consumers directly and through unaffiliated advertising partners, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement.
We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to update you on the status of your order(s), to verify your account, and for informational and operational purposes such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
We may use information about you, including personal information, to send you information about GoodMorning’s Products.
We may use aggregated or other data that is not personal information for any purpose, including marketing. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of our Products, enabling us to improve our Products, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. Similarly, we may enhance any such and aggregated data collected via our Products with other information collected from our business partners.
How we use automatic collection technologies
- Operationally Necessary: This includes technologies that allow you to access our Products and tools that are required to maintain functionality and monitor and protect our Products.
- Performance-Related: This includes technologies that allow us to assess the performance of our Products and help us understand how our users and visitors interact with our Products.
- Functionality-Related: This includes technologies that allow us to offer you an enhanced experience when using our Products, such as identifying you when you sign in to your account or keeping track of your preferences.
- Advertising or Targeting-Related: We may use first- or third-party technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests on our Products or on third-party websites and applications. Note that In addition to language in this privacy notice, additional notice, consent, and opt-out on the website itself is required (usually through a cookie consent and management tool, such as from OneTrust).
3. How GoodMorning Shares Your Personal Information
GoodMorning may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with our vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, sending and improving communications, developing and improving our Products, detecting, preventing, and remediating fraud or other prohibited activities, and other support for the provision of our Products. Our third-party service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada, or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Displaying to other users. The content you post to our Products may be displayed on any GoodMorning website. Other users may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- As required by law and similar disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety, or to investigate fraud.
- Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. The use of your personal information following any of the foregoing events should be governed by the provisions of the Privacy Notice in effect at the time such personal information was collected.
We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
4. Your Choices and Rights
In accordance with applicable laws, you may have the right to:
- Access personal information about you that we have collected.
- Request correction of personal information that is incomplete or inaccurate. We may offer self-service tools for you to correct this information.
- Request deletion of personal information that we hold about you.
- Request restriction of, or object to processing of, your personal information.
You can make any of these requests by contacting our Privacy Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request or complaint must include your full name, address, and email so that we can contact you, as needed. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We reserve the right to save transaction data as is necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of standard business operations. Quebec law provides its residents with additional rights, please see our section "Notice to Quebec Residents" below for more information if you are a resident of Quebec.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your cookie preferences by navigating to the cookie manager. Many browsers and devices allow you to block the transmission of automatically collected information, such as your IP address, or to block the installation of cookies.
To manage our advertising on other sites, we engage third-party advertising partners. These third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our Products and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. Certain of our third-party advertising partners participate in self-regulatory organizations, and those organizations operate websites that give you the ability to opt-out of receiving targeted ads from those partners. You can access these websites, and also learn more about targeted advertising and privacy, at Network Advertising or AboutAds. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here. To learn more about interest-based advertisements from participating third parties in Canada, please visit the Canadian DAA online choice page at http://youradchoices.ca/en/tools.
To be clear, whether you are opting out by adjusting your browser/device settings or by using a website established by a self-regulatory group, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device.
Do Not Track Mechanisms
Please note that we do not respond to nor honor “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
5. Third-Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
Our Products may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Products. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Our Products may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Products. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
6. Security of Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using our Products or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Products. If we learn of a security breach, we may notify you by posting a notice on one or more GoodMorning websites, sending an email to you, or by mail, as required by law.
7. Data Retention
We retain information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide Products or services. We will also retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and our Products are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us using the contact information below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
9. Changes to Our Privacy Notice and Practices
We may revise this Privacy Notice, so we encourage you to review it periodically. If you continue to use our Products after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
Posting of Revised Privacy Notice
We will post any adjustments to the Privacy Notice on this web page, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted. If you are concerned about how your information is used, bookmark this page and read this Privacy Notice periodically.
New uses of personal information
From time to time, we may desire to use personal information for uses not previously disclosed in our Privacy Notice. If our practices change regarding previously collected personal information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than stated in the version of this Privacy Notice in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and obtain consent to any such uses, before those changes become effective, as may be required by law.
10. Notice to Quebec Residents
All GoodMorning personnel handling personal information will be subject to a duty of confidentiality and to ensure that all personal information is handled in accordance with standard security measures. By using the Products, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be transferred outside of Quebec.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes stated at the point of collection or as otherwise noted in this privacy notice. Subject to applicable law, if you are a Quebec resident and would like to submit a request to be informed, access, erasure, rectification, or to withdraw or restrict processing, you must submit your request to email@example.com or by calling 1-844-319-2668. You may also ask us to clarify the categories of persons that have access to your personal information and the applicable retention period. Your request or complaint must include your full name, street address, city, province, postal code, and an email address so that we are able to contact you if needed regarding this request.
Our Privacy Officer is in charge of the protection of personal information. You may contact our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-844-319-2668.
You may submit a complaint to the Commmision d’accès à l’information du Québec (CAI) by visiting: https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/a-propos/nous-joindre/.
11. Contacting Us
If there are any questions regarding this privacy notice you may contact us using the information below.
#630 9707-110 Street NW